I took my first attempt at making French Macarons last night. I want to make these cheeseburger macarons for a friend's birthday at the end of the month, and after reading how difficult macarons are to make, I thought I ought to take a test run. Overall, it went so-so. About a third of them turned out pretty well, but the other 2/3 cracked horribly. I realized about half way through that I was forgetting to turn down the oven, so I think that was the problem. And, considering I don't have a food processor I'm really happy with the results. So, I'll take another test run in a few days, and then I'll start playing around with fillings (I just used jam this time) and flavorings. I think if I can get these figured out there are endless possibilities for flavor and filling combos that will keep me making over and over. And they're just so dang adorable!